Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a year gone by

Part 1

What a wild and crazy year it has been, but I wouldn't change one minute of it!  We started out 2009 as newly licensed foster parents, eagerly awaiting our first placement. My cell phone was glued to my hip, and I jumped every time it rang. We received our first placement in April, a 4 yr old little boy, who has Fetal Alcohol syndrome. Parenting a child with FAS has had its challenges, who knew a four year old could have so much emotional/behavioral problems?   One of my goals for 2009 was to loose weight.    To date I have lost, 51lbs, but have gained 6 of those back.  I would love to loose another 20-30lbs, but I am happy with where I am.

teagyn copy

January was a busy month-we "celebrated" Teagyn's angel day, battled MRSA , and other boo boo's.  The hubby and I traveled to St. Augustine, FL, and I missed my Mum more than ever.

68776_mumoneyear_copy_display

We returned home from St. Augustine, at the beginning of February still waiting for our first placement.

angel

It was another month full of MRSA, and injuries.

We headed to Tybee, Island with the boys (p and willie B) for valentines day. We played on the beach climbed the light house, and ate delicious seafood!

DSCF3870

Our worlds was rocked on February 19th, when a tornado touched down in our tiny town.

029

Our family suffered a great loss as far as personal belongings, and property go, but we were thankful everyone was a live.

We ended February celebrating hubbies 32nd birthday.

March brought several phone calls for foster children, none of which worked out.

My nephew Jaxon turned two! n708734119_2172266_9215[1]

We provided respite for two girls, siblings aged 5 yrs, and 10yrs.  What an eye opener!

Another storm hit our town, this time taking part of our roof with it.  We sustained water damage in our freshly painted bathroom.

Before we knew it the month was over.  April brought more storms and much more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment