Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today's the day

Last night the hubby and I went out to dinner, as our last night as a married couple with no children.  Pretty scary huh?  I am overly excited about picking up lil man, and wish the day was already over.

I wonder what he looks like

What color are his eyes

What color is his hair

Will he like us?

What type of delays does he have?

What is his background

Does he like cats?

What are his favorite foods?

Can he sing his ABC's?

Is he a good sleeper?

So many questions, and no one to answer them.  I guess only time will tell.

We stayed up late last night reading books on FAS, and searching for resources in our area, that lil man could benefit from.

I will post more later tonight, once lil man is tucked in bed (and hopefully sleeping)

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear more! 7 placements...I wonder if a lot of those are relative placements. My kids have all had a lot of relative placements...that haven't ended well. At least you are going in with eyes wide open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. take a deep breath, it will be ok. It may be a long day but it wil get easier as you adjust to one another. I have a great FAS resource about day to day life - it is a pdf file, I'll find the link and leave it for you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has been in a lot of family placements that have not work out. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also check out: http://www.toolboxparent.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Torina sent me over. :) I am a first time foster/adoptive mom too.

    Blessings on you and your growing family!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there and be prepared for a very bumpy ride.

    Be pushy. Be prepared to demand services from social workers, schools and other agencies.

    If your little boy has FASD, developmental delays and other issues, you will definitely have your work cut out for you.

    ReplyDelete