Monday, July 27, 2009

transition

I am feeling pretty shitty at the moment.  Tonight we had a visit with Lil Man’s clueless county worker.  I really don’t think her evaluator goes all the way to the top floor. It takes her weeks to answer an email, and even then you don’t get a real answer.

I officially told her that we would not be adopting Lil Man.  I signed “the papers.'” She said she will contact the other family this week.  I asked her what type of transition would take place.  She said it would be best for them to meet Lil Man, and then for him to transition into their home full-time. No weekend visits.  I don’t agree.  I think the weekend visits would be beneficial for him.

I am not sure how much longer we will have him, but I am glad we were able to make a small impact on his life.  We were able to show him what it’s like to live in a typical family.  What is like to take a vacation, and how much fun life can be.

I will always wonder what he’s up too.  He has made a huge impact in my life, and my marriage.  I see my husband in a different light, he is super Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment