Sunday, July 26, 2009

My eyes are burning

What has happened to my great little sleeper who goes to bed at 8pm, and rises at 7:30am?  Last night it was 9:30pm before he went to sleep.  He was awake again at 11:15pm, crying for his “Daddy” (the hubby), who was out running the streets with his buddies.

At 4:15am, I head his little foot steps making his way into my bedroom.  Mama, can I get into your bed? The state doesn’t allow foster children to sleep in their “parents” bed, but what they don’t know wont hurt.  Usually I would have allowed him to climb in until he fell asleep, and then I would move him back to his room.  But there was no space in the bed, as my niece Jannae climbed in bed with us around 4am.

I walked him back to his room, patted his back, and gave him another kiss.  He told me “mama sit on my chair.” I told him “No its night time.”  Walked out and closed the door.

6am I hear a squeaky voice “morning cute mama.”  I told him it was still night time, and to get back into bed.  He protested the sun is up.  Barley..

I slung him in between hubby, and I Jannae was at the bottom), and we all feel back asleep.

At 6pm tonight he was being super crabby, and defiant.  I knew he had to be in bed on time tonight, or all hell was going to break loose.

We did our normal bedtime routine, lights out where 7:45pm.

All was well until 9pm, when he came flying out of his room, screaming.  His eyes were still closed.  Hubby walked him back into bed.  Told him good night, and closed the door. 

We haven’t heard from him as of yet.  Hopefully he will not show his cute little face until at least 7am!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he's sensing some changes coming his way. They are so perceptive

    ReplyDelete