Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What to do..

Today I got a call from our case worker.  She wanted to know if we had any updated info about Lil' mans adoption.  Nope DFAC's case worker hasn't said a thing. Despite me asking her all the time. 

The DFAC's worker is coming for her monthly visit tonight. Tomorrow is Lil' mans 6 month panel review.  I assume I will find out some more info then.

I was curious as to why she was calling me from her personal cell phone.  It turns out they have a 5 yr old little girl that they want to place in our home. However Lil' man is listed as "speciality" meaning he has to be the only child in the home. 

We provided respite for the little girl (along with her older sister) back in February (I think). Her sister was moved to a group home shortly after. Now the five yr old has disrupted her placement.  The foster parents want her out of the home ASAP.

What on Earth can a five yr old do that is so horrid that you want her removed from your home.  Surly she cant be "worse" (and I mean that in the nicest way) than Lil' man.

There has been talk of taking Lil' man off of speciality because has made such improvement. I am confidant in my ability to parent both of them at the same time.

However I do not want to risk Lil' man regressing..

to be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment