Saturday, August 22, 2009

Out numbered

Lil' Man has had a nagging cough for a little over 6 weeks.  We have been to the doctors office three times, in those six weeks.  First we were given a prescription for steroids.  Then it was an antibiotic, and then allergy meds.  Each time they said he sounded fine.

Well last night was the finally straw.  He was in bed fast asleep before 8pm.  He was coughing on and off all night.  Around 10pm he was coughing so much that he started projectile vomiting. 

I called the on-call nurse hoping I could get the first apt in the morning.  She told me to stick his head in the freezer (cold air helps), but it did nothing.

I could tell he was having problems moving air so it was off to the emergency room we went. His stats were in the low 90's.  Yet we waited and waited, four hours later the doctor made her way into his room.  She spent all of 2 minutes with us, and told me the respiratory  therapist would be in to give him a breathing treatment.

His stats immediately jumped to the high 90's.  They gave him two doses of liquid steroids, and we were on our way.

I finally feel asleep around 3:30 only to get up at 7:30 for work.  Yawn.  It's going to be a long two weeks, as P and Willie's parents left for Europe the morning leaving me in charge of their boys.

I am so out numbered I need a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment