Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Atlanta

I already blogged about out weekend getaway, but my the husbands computer crashed just as I was publishing it. 

We had a fast, sleepless,  fun filled weekend, in Atlanta.  The kids and I arrived at our hotel just before 10pm.  Lil Man and Jannae were bouncing off the walls.  Jumping from one bed to another.  I finally got them both to sleep at little before 11pm.  We were up bright and early, thru no fault of my own.

We arrived at the aquarium only to discover that the tickets were sold out.  The place was swamped (think Disney world busy).  We purchased tickets to enter later, and headed for some lunch. 

We ate at Johnny Rockets, which the kids loved! They enjoyed picking songs from the jute box.  The employees put on a little show. 

We left Johnny Rockets just in time to enter the aquarium at our designated time.  Lil Man was attached to my hip, I was so nervous about loosing him.  He did not like the fact that he had to hold my hand the entire time.

He had a mini meltdown, which involved him screaming “I am going to kick that baby.” “shut up and don’t look at me.”  Thankfully it was so loud that not many people heard him, but those who did were shocked.

I would love to know what type of comments were running thru their heads.

It took us about three hours to get thru the aquarium.  There are a lot of touch tanks, and sea life that you do not see at your typical aquarium. 

My bestie and I decided that it was time for us to have some fun, so we headed to IKEA! We shopped for a few hours, and then ate dinner in the Cafe.  Before we knew it our time was up, and we were back on the highway.

We arrived home Saturday night just before 11pm. 

A great time was had by all.  Hopefully I will have removed from this trip before we meet up again in Nov!

No comments:

Post a Comment