Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Almost normal

Today after work we went to the park for a little while.  With the temperatures in the 90’s, and humidity near 90% we could not stay too long. I sat on the bench watching the kids play. Lil Man was interacting with the other kids like a “typical” child.

A few times he ran up to me, and gave me a huge with his bright, blue eyes batting at me.

The other Mothers on the playground had no idea that my Lil Man is different.  He climbed up the stairs instead of crawling up them.  He listened to me when I told him to use the stairs instead of climbing up the slide.  He didn’t make strange moaning noises, or hit when other kids got in his way.

He didn't poop his his pants because “I felt like it.”.

I sat on the bench the entire time, I did not have to shadow his every move.  I think back to how he acted when we first got him, and I am amazed at the amount of improvement he has made in such a short time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment