Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dragging your feet

Lil man has been legally free for adoption for 2 1/2 weeks.  His case worker told me “things will happen quickly”, I asked her what she meant.  She told me he would most likely be with us for another 6-8 weeks.  Well 2 1/2 weeks have  passed and she hasn't  taken one single step in the adoption direction.

She told me she had a family in mind she was going to contact.  I gave her a little over a week, before mentioning said family to her.  She said “oh I am going to present them with a sibling group instead of Lil man.”

Okay…

Why not present them with BOTH ,and allow them to decided which is the best fit for their family.

She also told me that she would send me a coupon, and photo release  forum so that I could take Lil Man to get his pictures taken for his adoption packet.  nada

I am not trying to rush the little guy out the door. The longer he is with us the more attached we get to each other..  Keep in mind he has been in foster care since he was an infant. 

I hope she stops dragging her feet.  He deserves a forever family.

No comments:

Post a Comment