Sunday, June 7, 2009

fun times

Yesterday I took Lil Man, P and Willie B to see Sesame Street live.  I was worried that Lil man would run off, but he did really well holding hands.  I carried Willie B in the sling, put a harness on Lil man just in case, but also held is hand, and held onto to parker with my spare finger hand. 

They each got a tee-shirt, and a flag..They sat great for the entire show.  Lil Man kept trying to run off and get on stage.  He just wanted to give big bird a hug.

The cotton candy was a huge hit, as was the popcorn. 

Afterwards we went to the mall, where we received many nasty comments, for having "so many children so close in age"  I just wish people would mind their business. 

After someone has made a nasty comment, I love to say "actually none of them are mine, i'm the nanny"  Maybe next time they will think before they speak.

2 comments:

  1. You get better at the fast replies. My favorite to use was "Actually, although it's really none of your business, I'm a foster parent. I take care of children who need safe homes. What do you do? I mean, besides walk around and make smart ass, rude comments to other people you don't know?" Then I stare at them with one eyebrow raised while they turn red and stammer out stupid responses.

    Ahhh...the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha....I so live Snarky Mom's comment!!!! I'll have to remember that for when i get me a bunch of lil foster children.

    ReplyDelete