Sunday, March 7, 2010

so confused

I picked Lil' Man up this afternoon.  He was excited to see me! He was asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car.   He has a few "pick" marks where he has  been picking out of fear and anxiety.

He is very confused (rightfully so) over the whole transition thing.  After he woke from his nap, he said he was sad because he missed S (adoptive mom). In the next sentence he told me he didnt want to go back to their house, because he spent too much time in time out.

About 20 minutes later he asked me if I could take him back to S house, because he wanted to play.  I reminded him that he would be going back on Friday for the weekend.  He said "I don't want to go there I want to live with you and Wayne."

He then asked where we were going for summer vacation.  I reminded him "when its summer time you will be living with S and P, your adoptive family."

Things are still going according to plan.  He will  spend next weekend with them.  After the second visit we will have a meeting to decided weather the third weekend will be a visit or the day he is placed.

One thing is for sure I am going to miss that lil' guy.

3 comments:

  1. Poor guy...it must be a rough transition for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. transistions are so tough, i hope that the week is not to tough.

    ReplyDelete