Thursday, August 21, 2008

Contagious

 

Today I woke up with swollen glands, sore ears, sore head, and a few other ailments.  I went to the Dr, and was told I also have Strep on top of my sinus infection.  I am also wheezing slightly.

Around noon, I ended my work day with plans to come home and sleep.  When I got home Wayne's wrist was bleeding thru his band aid as well as gauze.  I unwrapped it (with gloves on), and new right away that it has spread and was majorly infected.

I called the Dr's and was able to get him seen at 1:30pm.  His wound has went from the size of a pen, to the size of a silver dollar.  Most of his skin  was dead.

She recut the wound so that it could drain correctly. Which led to Wayne bleeding all over the office, because he is on blood thinners since they discovered the clot in his leg.

He was started on another antibiotic, and will be rechecked tomorrow.

and to top it all off we are supposed to be getting hit by tropical store Fay, within the next 24-36 hours..

When it rains it pours..

1 comment: