Friday, August 8, 2008

Bring on the rain

 

Wayne, and I have known each other for five years.  We dated for four out of those five years, and we've been married for two months, and 16 days..not that I'm counting.

Our first date was on July 9, 2004.  We walked along the beach (hold hands!!), and then went to dinner at Abby Road, a local restaurant/pub in Virginia Beach. We had a great time, laughing, talking, and just enjoying being in each others company.

Dating  long distance was hard, we seen each other once a month, for less than 48 hours.  We spent thousands of dollars on plane tickets, rental cars, and hotels. We logged more than a million minutes taking on the phone with each other.  Often running up extremely high phone bills.

I had no idea that less than two years later, I would leave the only life I had known, and move 1,000 miles away to be with a man, I wasn't sure I was going to marry.

Well, I knew I wanted to marry him, but I wasn't so sure if he shared the same feelings since he is a man of few words.

We were destine to fail from the beginning because long distant relationships aren't supposed to work out. Going from seeing each other once a month to everyday took a lot of adjusting. Our relationship  had many ups and downs, including  the death of my niece Teagyn, long distance move, many house moves, finical struggles, the loss of my Mum. 

Despite our rocky life one thing has remained constant our love for each other. The other night Wayne told, me that he "Thanks God for me everyday" my response was "like wise". I know that I couldn't have made it this far in life without my partner in crime.

Love ya honey..

1 comment: