Sunday, March 15, 2009

Feeling sorry

 

This weekend I attended my future sister in law's bridal shower. I had a great time, and even one a few prizes.  The wedding dress  made of of toilet paper that I was modeling one first prize!

I was hesitant to attend, because family get together's only remind me of what I have lost.  Between the two of them they have eight Parents.  Both of their biological parents divorced, and remarried. Which means  each of them has a Mother, a Father, a Step Mother, and a Step Father. 

Not to mention the ton of grandparents, Aunts, uncles and cousins.

How lucky are they?

Both of my parents are somewhere up above.

I  have a step Father out there somewhere that I have spoken to a handful of times in the last and a half.

My two sisters and there "lovelies" are in Virginia

My brother, and his family reside in Scotland, with the rest of my extended family. 

We don't see my in laws often, but when we do we have a great time.

I often reflect back on my childhood.  Easter scavenger hunts, Christmas parties surrounded by parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles.  Birthday parties galore.  Weekend pick nicks, and family vacations.

Then I think into the future, and worry about my unborn children.  What will they think when they reflect upon their childhood? There will be no huge Christmas parties, no sleepovers at grandma's. No "spoiled by grandpa".

I am happy for the times I shared with my loved ones, but saddened by all they will miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment