Friday, July 18, 2008

gulp

 

Erine (Wayne's step grandmother) is in the hospital.  Yesterday she took a nasty fall. Not only did she brake her shoulder, she also dislocated it.

They are unsure how to repair both injuries at the same time.  She cannot use her arm for six weeks.  She's 84 yrs old, and requires a walker to get around.  They plan to keep her in the hospital or  transfer her to a nursing home until it heals.

Today we ventured over to the hospital for a visit.  This is the second time I have been in a hospital since Mum died.  The first time being when Tracey (Wayne's sister) broke her ankle.  As I walked into the door, I had a lump in my throat. 

The nasty hospital smell reminded me of the weeks I spent in the hospital with my Mum.  The constant worry, the ups and downs. The bare walls, the nose of machine beeping. The hospital is not a pleasant place, it makes me sick to my stomach.

If I hadn't married into such a clutzy family perhaps I could avoid the hospital all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment