Friday, May 29, 2009

Somebody spare me.

Lil man was taken off his "sleeping pill" two weeks ago.  He was prescribed another one, that was supposed to do the same thing.  For the last week he has cried for the first 3-4 hours after falling asleep.  I spoke with the Dr several times, and was told a side effect of the medication was vivid dreams.  She told me not to worry because he was still getting a restful night sleep (bs).

He appears to be sleeping but cries loud and calls my name.  Often times he is sitting up in the bed. Despite weather or not he's getting a good night sleep I am NOT.

Yesterday I called again and asked for her to take him off the medication.  She told me to give him 25mg of benadryl which I did tonight.  He feel fast asleep, and was sound a sleep until 9pm.  It is now 10:05, and he has been crying on and off for the last hour.  Nothing I do helps, because as soon as I leave the room he starts back up again. 

I am afraid the week of crying out in his sleep has now became a habit, because he if fully awake and screaming his lil heart out, because he wants to sleep in my bed.   I am so tempted to put him into the bed with me, but sharing a bed with a foster child is a huge no no..A girls gotta sleep some time.

He is 1000 times more defiant when he hasn't had a good night sleep, so this week has been rather interesting. 

I am so tired, I just need one night of decent sleep. To top it all off I am on my own this weekend, as my hubby is heading out of town tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, sleep stuff sucks. Ask his doctor about melatonin...it is a natural sleep supplement that actually works.

    ReplyDelete