Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Placement..

 

I have been trying not to think too much about fostering,  but its really bugging me that we haven't gotten a placement.   I KNOW there are kids out there in need of a home, they just aren't with our agency.

We have had a few "false placements"

We have been called to do respite a few times, which we have agreed to do.  It's like we good enough to baby sit, but not to parent. 

We started our foster care journey back in June of 2008, got our license 6 months later, and here we are another 2 months after that with no placement.

We attend any required training, and even some that are not required.  We are members of the local foster parents association, we meet with them monthly.

I have the room all set up, we're just waiting for the phone to ring..

1 comment:

  1. Even after everything Tara has put us through, I STILL think that waiting was the hardest part...

    ReplyDelete