Saturday, December 4, 2010

belated

I'm just now sitting down to write  about our Thanksgiving!  We spent Thanksgiving with my two sisters, and their family on our favorite little Island.  Hubby and I arrived the night before everyone else.  We got up extra early and ventured to Savannah to do some shopping.   Around lunch time we headed back to the Island for lunch, and ran home for a quick nap before my sister L and family showed up.  We spent the rest of the day hanging around the house.  My Sister did some baking, and I did some eating! We played Uno with the kids until bed time. Around 1am my other Sis N showed up with her two kiddies.  I helped her get them settled and then we all went to bed.

For Christmas all of my Nieces, and Nephews got the book, The Elf On The Shelf.  It was a big hit!

Thursday was spent cooking, and eating, and hanging out at the beach.  My sisters and I headed out around 8pm to do some crazy shopping.  We stood in line at toys r us with 3,000 other people for several hours, but we got everything we went for! After Toys R US we hit up the dreaded Wally-World! I scored a shark steam mop for $36 bucks! We got home just after 2am.

Friday morning we hit up some more sales, this time we had the kids and husbands in tow! In the afternoon we made a ginger bread house.  The house was a complete flop (not to self get ginger bread men next year) because  of the humidity levels.  Friday night we played cards, and stay up too late.

Saturday  morning was spent chillin. Around noon we went over to the park. About 2pm my Sis N and the kids hit the road for the eight hour drive home. The rest of us went into Savannah for some ice cream, and shopping.  We caught the tale end of the  Savannah boar parade.  We grabbed some food, and headed  back to the house.  We cleaned up, and went to bed. By 11am Sunday we were all back on the road home!

A good time was had by all, the weather was lovely, and the kids did their best to behave!

No comments:

Post a Comment